So here’s the recipe I got from Wen’s Delight. The recipe uses the chiffon method so that the cake is light and soft!
Old School Butter Cake
85g caster suger
1 tsp vanilla paste
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk
4 egg yolks
1 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
1. Preheat oven at 170 degree celsius. Line a 8″ square tin.
2. Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolks one at a time and beat till creamy. Add in milk and mix well.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well. Set it aside
5. Whisk egg white and sugar till soft peak.
6. Fold in 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the butter mixture. Once mixed, fold in the remaining egg white mixture.
7. Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake for 40 – 45 min.